Top 10 Surprises for 2012!
- Number one son, Kim Jong Un, wins the North Korean PGA in a landslide as “All American”, gone rogue, Happy Gilmore finishes a distant second.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (pronounced “Ah my dinner jacket”) wins the Nobel Prize in Economics for his work on oil market price discovery.
- Japan and Italy do not have an election.
- Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. George Cope (CEO of BCE – the owner of Raptors) replaces Jamaal Magloire as Raptors centre fulfilling lifelong dream.
- Greece, the birth place of the Olympics, fails to field a team for London 2012.
- Ross Perot returns with Donald Rumsfeld as his VP running mate to win the GOP and the Presidency (our answer to Saxo bank question – see earlier blog post).
- Mayans are proven wrong and the world does not end in 2012 – holiday shopping soars after December 21st . As a corollary, hedge fund managers move up performance fee calculations to December 20th demonstrating true risk management.
- Sarkozy and Merkel confirm passionate affair at heart of all the “meetings”; Carla leaves for Dominique Strauss-Kahn.
- Toronto Raptors rename franchise “Tropics” and acquire D. Wade and LeBron with promise of further global warming and a chance to share in “North Beach”.
- A CEO of a major U.S. money centre bank goes to jail.